It has been such a sad week with the loss of one of our much adored kittens who was very much a part of the family. I’ve been trying to help the children to understand the loss of their pet and how we can remember Luke in a happy way. I’ve learnt quite a lot since Friday….
- Shopping in Guildford with no make and puffy eyes increases the probability of bumping into people you know. Leaving the hairdressers lowers the probability.
- After extensive driving, WHSmith has the best range of beanie boo cats in Surrey.
- Having new beanie boo cats does help to aid a child’s grief, however the peak seems to be about 6 beanie boos, after which the effect plateaus.
- A new ninja costume is a good distraction.
- Even though a cat is not a human it still causes so much grief, although thankfully more in adults than a child.
- A glass or 2 of wine helps, a whole bottle definitely does not.
- Naming your sibling pets something cute like Luke and Leia, makes the passing of one, more poignant as it’s more obvious one is missing.
- My children are very brave. My braveface needs to become more convincing.
- There is no limit to how many chocolate pancakes a 6 year old can eat.
- You can never have too many cuddles with those that you love.
Smiles are slowly returning but it’ll take a bit of time.